20 June 2011

Father's Day.



Yesterday was Father's Day, and it was probably my most memorable ever. My soon-to-be husband celebrated his first, and my own father celebrated his first as a grandfather. Everybody got gifts that they really enjoyed - my father got his sneakers he wanted, and Robert got a gift card and a nice bracelet. We all played with Logan all day -  we went swimming with him, for walks with him, and just played with him. I barbequed honey ribs and garlic roasted peppers for the guys. Sometimes life doesn't give you 5 seconds to really remember how important the "dad's" are in your life, but I always feel it in my heart. Always.

A week and a half ago, my father helped me drive my Uhaul truck 2,600 miles across country so I can move back home with my family, where I belong. He's always been there for me, no matter what time or what place, and I can see the very same traits in Robert towards my son. It's just so breathtaking and beautiful.

Today I applied for a couple of jobs, just like I did every day last week. I hope something comes through sometime soon.